Monday, September 5, 2011

Game On!

The first “home” football game of the season was this weekend! It was exciting because we played IU at the Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis (road trip!) and even more exciting because WE WON!!!!


The Miller College of Business Honors Program reserved a block of seats in the student section for the game, which provided a chance to meet and get to know other members of the program. My friends and I carpooled down to Indy earlier in the evening for dinner at T.G.I Fridays. Yum!

chirp22

Walking around part of downtown Indy was a great experience – I had forgotten how beautiful it is, especially through the eye of a camera! I could have easily spent much longer exploring and taking photos. Before long, we turned a corner and there it was! The Lucas Oil Stadium was HUGE! Going inside was even more breathtaking; I’ve never been to a football game in a completely enclosed stadium before. Definitely an interesting experience!

chirp07

I’ll admit, I was a bit of a skeptic going in to this game. I’m not much of a football fan myself and from what I remembered of last year, our team hadn’t been very good. But they pulled together to beat IU 27-20 on Saturday! It was exciting, even for me!

chirp14

chirp12

The camaraderie amongst the Ball State fans after the win made the night feel alive. On the walk back to the parking garage, we heard a chorus of “chirp chirp!” everywhere we went. This game is one I certainly won’t forget anytime soon.

Chirp Chirp!

1 comment:

  1. [...] I’ve accomplished so much.  Take a look back through my blog posts and you’ll read about how BSU beat IU at Lucas Oil Stadium, how I finally went to the Learning Center for help with Stats and ended up [...]

    ReplyDelete