Thursday, September 29, 2011

Connecting

One of the best things I’ve done since coming to Ball State is joining Cru. For those of you who enjoyed being part of a youth group through your church at home, religious organizations at BSU are the next step! Surrounding yourself with students as passionate about their faith as you are (or would like to be) is the best way to grow!

Whether you are Christian, Catholic, Lutheran, or something else entirely, there is a place for you! For me, personally, I joined Cru about a year ago through a Bible study in my dorm. It’s a Christian organization that meets once a week, with small groups that meet another night each week. Most of my best friends now are girls I met through Cru and Bible study. Not only have I grown in fellowship through Cru, but also in my faith. I have learned so much in my walk with the Lord this past year!

Some of the other most popular organizations on campus are Intervarsity, Navigators, and Baptist Collegiate Ministry. There are other great organizations too, like Grace Village and Catholic Student Union. Some of Ball State’s religious organizations invite members of the community to join their services each week, like the Revolution and Common Way. For those of you interested in learning about other religions, there are groups like the Religious Studies club that I just learned about the other day.

Honestly, I have only brushed the surface of what BSU has to offer for your spiritual connections. I've provided links where I could find them, but there are a total of 32 organizations available to you! Check out Ball State’s Pride Guide for more info about each of the religious organizations on campus.

P.S. Cru’s annual Barn Bash is coming up!!! Check back soon for an updated post with photos!

1 comment:

  1. Think its great to see college students engaging and embracing faith well done

    ReplyDelete