Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Coming Home

We arrived home in the United States this past weekend. Flying from Charles de Gaulle to JFK to Indianapolis and then driving two hours to my house made for quite a day – 24 hours in fact. To make matters more interesting, my suitcase disappeared when we arrived in New York. It was quite the ordeal and I would have been a mess had it not been for some of my supportive classmates. They helped me figure out what to do and who to talk to. And they stuck with me when we found out a girl from Manhattan accidentally picked it up and took it home with her.

It took a couple days and a lot of hassle, but my suitcase finally showed up on our doorstep yesterday afternoon. After much celebration, I was able to unpack and get settled at home again. I had a lot of fun presenting my family with their gifts too. My sister received a purse from London, my dad a coffee mug from Paris, and my mom a pair of earrings from Kensington Palace in London.

When I had a chance, I transferred my photos to my computer and discovered a grand total of 1,798 photos. And that doesn’t include the ones I often took with Ashley’s camera when mine was inaccessible. Needless to say, it is going to take awhile to sort through and upload the best of the best. I will update past blogs with photos soon!

Another part of coming home is finishing our projects. As I said before, each of us has an individual project to work on for our study abroad class. One of my classmates, Austin Hostetter, kept a blog throughout our trip as part of his project - check it out here! Now that we are back in the U.S. we are responsible for finishing those, as well as other assignments, in the next month. Aside from recovering from jet lag, I am going to be a busy bee!

I finally realized the other day that summer has officially arrived for me. Hooray! This also means I need to be finding a job. My luck up until this point has not been so good, but I think that had a lot to do with the fact that I would be gone for two weeks. Now that I am super available, perhaps my luck will improve! The next month will also be exciting because one of my best friends from high school is getting married, and I’m a bridesmaid! Now that I’m home, I can help more with the wedding plans. So exciting!

I hope your days are going well as you wrap up the end of your school year or high school career. I wish you all the best of luck, and as always, feel free to ask me any questions you have about Ball State!

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you found your luggage. When I travel i only put clothing in the luggage that I check - my real valuables go in my carry on.

    ReplyDelete