Thursday, May 12, 2011

Roman Around

Rome is such a beautiful city! It took me awhile to get used to the different language and currency, but oh my goodness, there is so much to take pictures of! I have close to 400 from Rome alone. Our souvenir count has gone up, as well. T-shirts, postcards, bobbleheads....

Here's what we saw in Rome:
Colosseum
Spanish Steps
Trevi Fountain
U.S. Embassy
EnLabs (an entrepreneurship incubation center)
Piazza del Popolo
Piazza Navona
Pantheon
Vatican City (including the Sistine Chapel, Vatican museums, and St. Peter's)


rome10
rome66

rome77
rome85

rome78
rome47

We made sure to eat authentic Italian food, too: pizza, lasagna, calzone, gelato, and more!

Leaving Rome this morning was a sad moment; I feel slightly nostalgic already. However, most of that is left behind when I realize we are now in LONDON! And it is certainly a fantastic city, and we've only seen parts of it! More to come on that later...

While we were in Rome, I made a list. This is my own version of a "When in Rome" list:
1) everything goes fast - traffic, people, the metro, time...)
2) lemons actually DO grow on trees! Who knew?!
3) "sleep and eating should be constants in my life...they aren't anymore" -my roommate, Ashley
4) try the language, eat the food, and talk with Italians - it's fun!
5) learn how to say, "no grazie," trust me.
6) there are obelisks in almost every piazza - make "the tall, pointy thing" your group's rendez-vous spot.
7) take lots and lots of pictures! And make sure you're in one every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment