Sunday, May 15, 2011

London Times

London is such a busy city! There is so much to do - I'm glad we have so much free time here. That's kind of a joke though, because it seems like every moment is full. I'm loving each of those moments though.

Friday was our tour of the city, 4 hours on a bus. We did get out at
Buckingham Palace for the changing of the guard, which was a surprise.
I'm glad we got to see it though! We also rode the London eye that
day, which was AMAZING! I pretty much doubled my picture count that
day. After group activities were done, Ashley and I went for a walk by
Parliament, Westminster, Trafalgar Square, and Buckingham Palace
again. We took lots more pictures and did some shopping too. That
night was salsa night at the bar in our hotel. There were salsa
lessons and dancing, and it was totally free! Oh my gosh, I loved it!!
Chris, Joey, and Gayle came too, and they all did really well. I was impressed! It was a fun night!

london32
london37
london23
london19

Yesterday, we went to Covent garden. Ashley decided to take a
dance class with me at Pineapple Dance studios, which I am using in
my individual project and we decided on a hip hop class.
It was awesome! We got so sweaty, but it was great! It was good
to experience a class for myself. Then we went down.
to the Pineapple store at the corner and I got a pair of dance pants.
I also found a DVD of highlights from their tv show, which is
fantastic. It should be a big help with my project.

london129

We went to Covent Garden with Gayle and Lesley, so we met up with them
for lunch at a pub. Did some shopping
after that and headed to Hard Rock Cafe for an early dinner. Ashley
and I thought it would be super cool to say we've been to the first
hard rock. Then it was back to the hotel to change for swing dancing!!

I was so excited to find a Saturday Night Swing Club in London!
Getting there was a challenge though. Theyre doing renovations on the tube
and that makes life difficult. Today was awful trying to get around.
But anyway, we made it and it was really cool. Kind of like traveling
back in time. They had lessons in lindy hop, so we took a couple. Then
there was dancing in two other rooms. My favorite part was meeting and
dancing with British people. It was so much fun! Ashley came along
with me, but we only stayed a couple hours so we could get back
before it got too late. I had a fantastic time - it was definitely worth
swing dancing in London!

Today, we woke up tired and sick - both of us. Ashley said, "when I
woke up this morning, I was NOT ready for life" It was so true
though. A day or so after we got to London, my allergies kicked
In and they have been awful. I'm definitely wishing I had brought
more cold medicine from home now!

We had a very successful, busy day today though. King's Cross station was
under construction, but they had a picture spot set up still. It
wasn't the real platform 9 3/4, but it worked for what we wanted. I
was kind of disappointed we couldn't see places from the movies though.

london108
london110

Then we had an extremely long, complicated trip to the Tower of
London. It took forever, but we finally made it. Our group of friends
had yet to arrive, so we ended up separated. The tower was still
incredible, especially the crown jewels!

We did some more shopping in the evening and gathered many souvenirs gifts for family and friends. It has been a fun day, but we are certainly ready sleep tonight! I love London so much - glad we still have two more days here! I have a feeling the end of the week will be rather bittersweet...

Cheerio!

london174
We also went to visit Kensington Palace while we were in London - it was beautiful!

london186
Then we caught a show on the West End - Phantom of the Opera at Her Majesty's Theatre. Fantastic show!

london194
Westminster Abbey was majestic and beautiful, inside and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment