Friday, May 6, 2011

Finally

My roommate, Becca, got a calendar for me at Christmas that has the Eiffel Tower on it. The French script on the cover reads “Nous irons dimanche,” which translates to “We will go Sunday.” Every day it gets closer and closer to Sunday, May 8th I cannot stop thinking,
Nous irons dimanche…”

For those of you who don’t already know, this Sunday I will be leaving for Europe on a two-week field study. Yes, Europe. FINALLY!!!!! I’ll be going with the Miller College of Business from Ball State. We will spend the two weeks travelling between Rome, London, and Paris. I have a feeling this is going to be the most amazing two weeks of my life.

It’s not all fun and games though. We each have individual projects to work on while we are there, because we are getting course credit for the trip. Our group has been meeting all semester (a mostly great group of honors business students, I’ll have you know) in preparation for the trip. We are also going to be visiting local businesses in each city, which is an excellent opportunity to observe international business.

For me, though, it is mostly fun – even with my project. My idea is to focus on entrepreneurship in Europe, specifically dance studios in London. This is so interesting to me, because it is so relevant to my major and plans for my future. I’m especially excited to be immersed in my major so early; I can’t wait to share my final project with you!

Also, I’ve officially finished my freshman year of college! My last finals and move out were on Wednesday. It’s nice to be home, if only for a few days before jetting off to Europe. Be on the lookout for new posts the next couple weeks. Yours truly has been asked to continue blogging this summer and next year, as well! I am looking forward to continue sharing my college experience with you!!

2 comments:

  1. Nicole,

    I am so excited for you! I know you'll have an amazing time. What an exciting opportunity. You are a beautiful and impressive young woman and I am so proud to be a part of your life!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the trip and your summer!

    ReplyDelete