Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Days Since Europe

After one of my most productive days all summer, I feel super inspired to write a blog. The problem is, I really have nothing significant to write about, except what I’ve been doing in the days since Europe. You see, now that I’ve been to Europe, it’s all I can think about. How incredible my trip was, when I can (hopefully) go back, how soon I can print pictures… Besides that, having been to Europe suddenly gives you something in common with a LOT more people in the world. It’s been incredible. All I have to do is mention my trip and off they go: where they went in Europe, how long they were gone, what they saw, and what they wished they had seen. It’s not like I am annoyed by it, really; actually, I find it quite interesting. Who would have thought that something like a similar vacation (or study abroad) spot would yield so many conversations?

What I’ve been up to since Europe revolves around two things: my best friend from high school’s wedding and the studio’s dance recital. As soon as I got home, I was sucked into bridal shower planning, which is awesome because I have met so many incredible young women through this process. Seriously, by the time vows are said at this wedding, these girls and I will be forever friends.

I was also immediately recruited to help with dance recital, mainly because I want to teach classes at the studio this summer. What I wasn’t planning on was being drafted into three numbers of the performance! So I quickly choreographed a dance, learned another, and pulled a third from my long-term memory. This week has been full of rehearsals, since the recital is this weekend. Honestly, I am looking forward to it, since I’ve missed spending time with the little ones and dancing with them. And guess who’s teaching this summer? That’s right, this girl has a clogging and tap class PLUS a ballroom and swing class! Yes!

My productivity today started off right when I received a job offer first thing this morning – finally! Then I had a successful shopping trip for last-minute recital costumes. My evening has been spent working on my individual project for our study abroad class (told you Europe has completely consumed me!). It is coming along quite nicely, though I am looking forward to having it all done.

Tomorrow, my sister finishes middle school with an 8th grade Graduation ceremony. It’s hard to believe she will be going to high school in the fall. I am so very proud of her though. They say you follow in the footsteps of your siblings, but Jessica has far surpassed me already! Her intelligence, leadership skills, and initiative never cease to amaze me.

The process of writing out my busy schedule has shown me how much this summer already holds for me. Add Europe to the mix and the mystery of the next two months, and I have a feeling this will truly be a summer to remember…

sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment