Sunday, October 3, 2010

Barn Bash 2010!

I just joined CRU (Campus Crusade for Christ) a couple weeks ago. I started going to my floor’s Bible study group and really enjoyed it. The girls that lead it do a really great job and I loved how welcoming they were, even though I joined about a month into school. Eventually, I made it to one of CRU’s weekly meetings and was so impressed! It seems like such a great group of people, who all share the same love of Christ.

So, this past Friday night, CRU hosted one of their (annual?) events: the Barn Bash! The minute I heard about it, I called Mom and told her to bring my cowgirl boots and hat when they were in town. So we got all dressed up and drove out to somebody’s barn about 15 minutes out of town. They literally had a dance in a barn – it was great!

There was dancing (Hoedown Throwdown was a MUST), a bonfire, hot apple cider, a pie eating contest, s’mores, a costume contest, and more. It was a really great night!

One of the girls from my Bible study took this picture:
Barn Bash

3 comments:

  1. So, why weren't you up on the big rig? You know you come from a long line of farmers -- but that's a couple generations removed. Glad to see that campus life keeps you busy. How about some blogging about your classes? The Miller College of Business needs some press, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Uncle Steve,
    Those are definitely on my list! They'll be coming in the next few weeks! As far as the tractor goes...well, farming isn't really my thing, but dancing in barns with CRU is fun!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i’ve been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share.

    ReplyDelete