Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Student Symposium

This week, I attended the Student Symposium, where Ball State students exhibit their creative projects and academic work.  I went mainly because I knew some of the seniors presenting their thesis projects.  The event reminded me a bit of a science fair, with all the posters lined up and students prepared to share information about their projects with you.



It was interesting because I went to it thinking it was just for honors college students who were seniors. Turns out, any BSU student is eligible to present their projects.  It could be a senior thesis, class project, or any type of organized project.

Honestly, some of the more science-y projects didn’t really interest me, but that’s not my field.  When we got to the business-related projects, I started thinking about what potential I may have for presenting a project in the next couple of years.

The most obvious project I could do would be my business plan for my Entrepreneurship major. I wonder if students ever present these at the Symposium?  I also think it would be an interesting project to do an independent study in something for my French major.  Now that I know I could have the opportunity to present it at the end of the year, I think that would give me motivation to really develop it.

So this week, I learned something new!  Ball State offers an opportunity for students who have been working on organized projects to converse with faculty and community members about their research efforts, creative projects, and education. Kind of a cool opportunity I may have to think about in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment