Saturday, February 26, 2011

Miller Interview Day 2011

This past weekend was the Interview Day for the class of 2015 Miller Scholars. We will have a full 4 classes of honors students for the first time next year! For me, Saturday was especially exciting since I was not being interviewed this time around. I remember my own Interview Day was what made my college choice final - Ball State and MCOB was exactly where I wanted to be! This year though, I enjoyed being a student host rather than an interviewee. We spent most of the day with the prospective students, guiding them to their interviews, getting to know them, and sharing our experiences with them.

There were several current student panels for both prospective students and their parents. I was actually on a panel for the parents. It was interesting because I was the only freshman on a panel of sophomores and juniors. For the most part, I was unable to answer questions, especially those about internships and preparedness for them. But whenever there was a question about transitioning to college life or being a freshman on campus, it was all me!

I thoroughly enjoyed Interview Day 2011, especially getting to know my student interviewee. I am looking forward to meeting our next class of Miller Scholars in the fall!

P.S. It’s not too late to apply for the Miller HONORS Program – deadline is March 1st! Apply Here!

1 comment: