Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tutoring

Last week I started my first on campus job - as a tutor at the Learning Center! For those of you who are avid readers of my blog, you'll remember last semester when I took a trip to the Learning Center myself for help with Econ 221. By the end of the semester, the professor for that same class had recommended me to be a tutor this semester.

In high school, I had always enjoyed tutoring my fellow students whenever they asked. I would help with various math subjects and sometimes look over a paper. Last year, I had thought it would be fun to tutor French or something at the Learning Center, but I never dreamed it would be math! Yet, before I knew it, I'd been hired as a business tutor!

So my first day was last week and I tutored two students! And I'll even admit, it was kind of fun. It's been good, too, to be able to refresh my skills in subjects like Accounting and Econ. Those foundations will be important later on in college and I may not remember them as well without this practice. So don't hesitate to check out the Learning Center sometime. They offer free tutoring to Ball State students in most core curriculum subjects. It'll be a beneficial experience and you never know when you may end up working there!

No comments:

Post a Comment