Thursday, December 2, 2010

Let it snow...

Yesterday was the first measurable snowfall on campus this year (it actually snowed the first weekend of November, but didn’t stick very long). It snowed all day, from flurries to big flakes. We got about half an inch or somewhere around there. Last night, the sidewalks were icy enough to slide our feet along – ramps being the most fun, of course.

Today, the sun is shining and slowly melting away the snow. Ball State seems to do a good job of keeping salt on the sidewalks when classes are in session. There is quite a bit out there today.

It’s definitely getting cold in Muncie. Since I’m not a huge fan of winter weather, I made sure to bring LOTS of things to keep me warm. I’ll share my list with you.

Winter Checklist:
-parka (or just a winter coat)
-snow boots (the kind that actually keep your feet warm - not Uggs)
-gloves (invest in Isotoners)
-scarves (nice, warm ones)
-ear muffs (I haven't gotten any yet, but I feel like they would be really nice...)
-hat (I want one with fur)


christmas lights
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in the dorms...especially in Becca and Nicole's room!

No comments:

Post a Comment